A delegate is not forging on Livenet

Hi people at Unikname and @network_player

Have you notice that tom.magnum.357 delegate has been down or unsynchronized for 17 days? It’s a bit long, don’t you think?

@magnum user, it is your node? (I think so as he is the only forum user registered in the network_player group with magnum in his name :wink:)

What can we do?

Agreed. We should upvote one of the individual standby delegate

1 Like

Yes, tom.magnum.357 has not been forging on UNS.network for days. We have tried to reach him by the forum and by email, without success.

As explained in the roadmap for sept-oct, a new consensus will reduce the effect of big individual cryptoaccounts and a voting system will be launched on the My Unikname application.

Network players with a low availability will be naturally evicted after this.

No action and no contact after 17 days mean this delegate has self-ejected himself from the network.

I agree! But for who?
@Atouk, Nigui, Mayflower, Nitro: are you ready to become an active delegate? There is only one place :smiley:
The 3 last standby NP don’t seem to have Forum accounts.

I’m ready ! I need to update, i didn’t had time last week.

Great @Atouk!
I will upvote you with some of my UNS tokens.

Atouk is missing ~104,000 UNS as votes, so I can vote for @Atouk with ~10,000 UNS to help him.

What other delegate can do that ?

Hi @dlecan on vacation for a while my digitalocean VPS was out of credit !
I’ve fixed it and restarted the node with this command :

sudo docker-compose pull && sudo docker-compose up -d --remove-orphans

But the node does not resync!

This is not the first time I meet this issus of lack of resync. To solve it I used to reinstall all the node from scratch but I would prefer another solution.

Any clue to help ?

Welcome back @magnum !
As a workaround i will suggest to dump the logs in a file and transmit it to UNS Support team, then drop the database and restart from a fresh one using:

sudo docker-compose down -v && sudo docker-compose up -d --remove-orphans

Note that it will resync your node’s database from the genesis block which can take fews minutes (maybe hours?)

1 Like

Welcome back :muscle:
@Atouk, stay tuned :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Welcome back @magnum,

Your node forked a long time ago, maybe too long to be able to roll back some many blocks on its own.

We may introduce a command to force a rollback of a node to a specific block (before the fork block of your node) to handle this case in a future version, but it is not planned.

You must therefore roll back to the 1st block and resynchronize from with a command similar to the one provided by @Pierre earlier.

Thank’s @Pierre. It seems working. Resync has restarted from genesis block.
So the tip is the option -v to clean the db.
:cowboy_hat_face:

Hi @dlecan any ref to help me to understand this ? To me there’s no reasons my node forked by itself. I’ve not change your code.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.