New delegate up and running :)

Hi everyone,

My name is Hoani CROSS, and my unik is @hoani.cross.tahiti

Obviously I’m from Tahiti

I’m joining the club. Your project is uber cool :slightly_smiling_face:

I was in the crypto game since 2013, building my GPU rig (proof : Aluminium Open Frame for Scrypt Mining RIG by hcross - Thingiverse)

I have some cpu/ssd/net to share to the project so I tried to run a node two weeks ago with… no success (no logs, no nothing…) and let the dockers running. It run at 100% activity with no block forged at all.

After digging a little bit, I found that because I changed the db user name, it failed to work properly. Maybe there is still some portion of code somewhere that don’t take care of the env variable ?

Anyway, I set those env (db name, db user) to those default value and BIM, it started to share some data with the other nodes.

My node is not super powerful, it has 2Gb of RAM, 2 vCPU and 25Gb free space. I’m using it for other crypto related batch stuff.

The project has been introduced to my by Adrien LASSELLE since we work in the same company.

See ya !

I

7 Likes

Welcome on board @hoani.cross.tahiti !

Feel free to share your crypto experience as a long term miner :slight_smile: :pick:
and to give feedbacks to build better crypto products.

Thank you @a_lasselle to promote uns.network around the world :slight_smile:
You’re one of our best ambassadors by far ! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Welcome!

DPoS is magical! :stuck_out_tongue:
That’s enough for 2021

Thank you for participating to the security of the network :slight_smile:

Is there an estimation of block to be expected to be forged by a newcomer with so minimal quantity (7 UNS) of tokens to stack ? Seems to be playing with such big players compared to me…

You need to be in the top 14 of delegates in terms of votes to forge.

Is there any legitimate way of getting some UNS ?

Airdrops, voting for other delegates…

1 Like

Bying UNS to stakeholders…
There’s no official place for doing that. But very soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Voting is currently only possible with the CLI tool, but voting in-app is coming soon, with special incentive to make users voting.

There’re an open-source project to enable delegates to introduce themselves GitHub - unik-name/uns-delegates-website: Who are the UNS delegates? 👉 https://delegates.uns.network.

You can participate to the community bounty program

Thanks for you replies folks, that’s clear now :slight_smile: