Unikname-only login and sign-up after Nov. 2nd

Hi all,

Unikname Connect solution and its Discourse plugin are now stable enough so we can disable email logins / signups on this Forum :muscle:

At 2020-11-01T23:00:00Z, email login and signup will be disabled.
After that date, if you are already a Forum user, you will have to use your private @unikname to login.

For those who are still using a classical email/password to login on this Forum, you can, of course, link your existing account with your private @unikname: we have written an easy guide for that :smile:.

Easy, simple :wink:

:gift: Guess what? An extra “question” will be added after this date: do you know which one? :rofl:

:interrobang: Mini-FAQ

Why email login and sign-up will be disabled?

We just follow the "eating your own dog food’ principle :wink:
As Wikipedia writes:

dogfooding demonstrates confidence in the developers’ own products

And yes, we are confident after months of tests of our login solution.

What should I do until this date if I used to login this forum with my private @unikname?

Nothing, you are already using the easiest and simple self-sovereign login solution in the market :innocent:

What should I do until this date if I used to login this forum with an email address?

For those who are still using a classical email/password to login on this Forum, you can of course link your existing account with your private @unikname.

Just follow this guide:

What should I do until this date if I don’t have an account on this forum?

Sign-up on this Forum and take your private @unikname now!

:point_right: https://forum.unikname.com/signup

Cheery on the cake: you’ll be able to signup on any Discourse Forum with your private @unikname which have installed Unikname Connect plugin.

What should I do if I need help?

Just ask your question in this topic below :arrow_down:

1 Like

All right, everybody has migrated his/her email account to Unikname Connect! :raised_hands:
Email login/signup will be disabled tomorrow, thank you

Email login has been disabled!