UNS Core 5.2 on LIVENET network

New UPDATE: UNS Core 5.2

This update is a bit special since it will be the first time we will be using the milestone principle.

As a reminder, a milestone is an update that will automatically apply to a given block height. Once this block is reached, all nodes that are not updated will be recognized more on the network.

As we predicted in the May roadmap, version 5.2 of uns.network is available on the LIVENET!

:spiral_notepad: Release Note

In version 5.2 of the network, a major change will take place. Indeed, the consensus will be modified in order to respect a feature already announced: colleges.

It will have consequences on two aspects of our network:

• You could only vote for a Network Player of you own college
  • No more than 3 network delegates and no more than 10 organization delegates will be allowed

These modifications have important impacts on the uns.network’s consensus, that’s why it’s a necessary update. Otherwise, you won’t be able to continue on the network.

:warning: It could possibly impact the Network Player ranking if some cryptoaccount was voting for another college. Don’t worry then, it’s why this update is major.

:interrobang: What do I have to do if I’m @network_player on LIVENET?

If you have a node on the LIVENET, you have until June 9th to update it (block 490,000).
To proceed, launch this command:

$ sudo docker-compose pull && sudo docker-compose up -d --remove-orphans

:interrobang: What do I have to do if I want to become a @network_player?

No worry, you can join our delegates right now!
Just follow the Becoming a uns.network Player documentation to become one of us! :smile:

2 Likes

Done :yum:

Is there any way to check the version of a running node ?

2 Likes

You can look at the logs and search uns-core (notice the trailing space after uns-core).

For a freshly restarted UNS node using Docker Compose (on Debian/Ubuntu):

$ sudo docker-compose logs uns | head -n 100 | grep "uns-core "
uns-livenet | [2020-05-27 15:49:38.598] DEBUG: uns-core 5.2.2

Version is 5.2.2 on this node.

2 Likes

Thanks for your question, I had the same idea :innocent: :innocent:

If your public API port is open you can also find node version here :
{your_node_url}:{your_public_api_port}/api/node/configuration
Node version is in data.core.version

2 Likes

Reminder to all @network_player: remember to update your node! :wink:

1 Like