UNS Core 5.4.x on LIVENET network

As announced in our the roadmap, UNS 5.4.x is available for installation on LIVENET network nodes.

Fees values update has been postponed to UNS v5.5.

What’s new in UNS v5.4 on UNS.network blockchain

:point_right: After Block Forgers, NFT Factories and Identity providers, a new kind of UNS service provider will be launched on the network: URL Checkers :rocket: :fireworks:

Theses network providers are specialized in verifying URL and domain names that are shown on Unikname Connect Login screen. For example, when you want to log in to https://forum.unikname.com, you can see the following screen:

https://forum.unikname.com is the URL of the Unikname Forum and has been verify by an URL Checker. Verification of this URL guarantees that:

• The website is cryptographically linked to the @unikname through the UNS.network Blockchain
  • The website where you are login is protected by secured HTTPS protocol
  • The website domain can’t be highjacked be another one when login with Unikname Connect

Of course, URL Checkers are rewarded to validate URL and to do that fairly and ethically, as part of the UNS.network token economy.
As in the blockchain philosophy, the verification process of the URL Checker can itself be verified: don’t trust anyone. Other URL Checkers are allowed and encouraged to control each other’s work with all the URL verification proofs recorded into the UNS.network Blockchain.

UNS v5.4 trusts the first UNS URL Checker of the network and more of them are expected. So if you are interested in running an URL Checker, you can ask for access on the #uns-network topic.

:point_right: Organization @unikname can now also have icons imported from the verify domain or URL associated with it

:point_right: The version has received a huge security patch coming from the ArkEcosystem core project, the upstream project of UNS.

:point_right: UNS CLI v4.2.0 has be released in order to provide the web site verification feature.

:interrobang: What do I have to do if I’m @network_player on LIVENET?

UNS v5.4.2 will be enforced by a milestone on LIVENET on block 1,721,946 (~ 2020-10-08T10:00:00Z )

UNS.network delegate on LIVENET, please update :muscle:

To update it, launch this command:

$ sudo docker-compose pull && sudo docker-compose up -d --remove-orphans

:interrobang: What do I have to do if I want to become a @network_player?

No worry, you can join our delegates right now!
Just follow the Becoming a uns.network Player documentation to become one of us!

6 Likes

Done sir ! Thanks for regular updates !

Done! :slight_smile:
How is the URL recorded in the blockchain? In a key-value pair on the organization UNIK?

In the system properties of your UNIK
Here is an example:
https://explorer.uns.network/uniks/5815528ff1352c6f7923a8f94ca103da13611970ddab707eb599f9846134ba38

2 Likes

Does it support multiple URLs per organization?

Yes, you need to force another property key name with the --url-name flag of the verify command.

1 Like

:robot: Automatically updated! :muscle:

Done on both my forger node and my relay node :wink:

1 Like

What do you mean @mrfreez by “automatically” ?

:point_right: [TUTO] How to auto-update your UNS Core node

Delegates, it’s time to update your node. Not updated nodes will be banned from the network.

1 Like

Hi, it’s done on my node :+1:

2 Likes

Well done @SteveDsp :+1: