UNS_NODE Monitoring via Discord

I have modified my previous bash script, UNS_NODE Monitoring via Telegram, for Discord use.

Requirements;

1. Discord.sh script
  2. Webhook on your discord server
  3. Modified UNS_NODE script. UNIKNAME_NODE_MONITOR

Clone Discord.sh script into your server.
git clone https://github.com/ChaoticWeg/discord.sh.git

We will use only discord.sh script from this repository.

Open your Discord Server Settings and create a Webhook as desribed in this page.

COPY your WebHook URL

Go back to the server and create .webhook file within the same directory as discord.sh. Paste your WebHook URL into .webhook file. (There is a dot in front of the file name)

You can test the DISCORD connection by using the following command.

./discord.sh --text "Hello, world!"

Check your Discord Server for the message. There are alternative uses in discord.sh github page. We will only use text message for Unikname_Node_Monitor script.

If you received the text message on your Discord server, you can copy the node_monitor script from my github page.

git clone https://github.com/mtaylan/UNIKNAME_NODE_MONITOR.git

For a quick start just change the Custom variables ( node ip, hostname, Path to discord.sh script…)
I put the script in my crontab and running it every minutes by using the following crontab entry;

* * * * * /home/mtaylan/discord/unikname_discord_monitor.sh > /home/mtaylan/discord/unikname_discord_monitor.log 2>&1

Use the following command for testing the monitoring script;

./unikname_discord_monitor.sh test

If you need help for installing/running the script, you can send me a message. Please let me know if there are any additional features you would like me to add to the script.

If you use the script and find it useful, please VOTE for me. I need your vote to be an active UNS delegate.

uns delegate:vote "@mtaylan"

I am sharing 60% of my forged UNIK with my supporters…

Thank you very much for your support.

4 Likes

Great!
Unikname users can also vote with their My Unikname App :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.