When you create a @unikname in the My Unikname application, it is “poor and without rights” ™
This is not a fatality, nor a disease and, good news, something can be done by activating your @unikname!
Why activate your @unikname?
What you can do with a @unikname you just created is limited:
- admire it (especially if it’s short)
- connect to some of your favourite sites
And your @unikname has a limited life expectancy!
By activating your @unikname in your My Unikname application, it has many more rights!
You will be able to :
- Add public properties (and soon secret ones)
- Connect to your favourite sites in an unlimited way!
- Be rewarded when you connect to your favourite sites
- Support your favourite delegate who secures the UNS.network blockchain
- Extend the life of your @unikname!
How to activate a @unikname?
It’s simple, use the function of the application My Unikname to activate @unikname!
Check the status of each of your @unikname directly on the listing or on that @unikname’s page (see right below).
If you have a Minted @unikname, activate it with the following screens :
To activate a @unikname, three conditions need to be met:
- The @unikname must have been created at least 23 blocks ago,
- The passphrase of the crypto-account must have been backed-up,
- The @unikname must have been used to log on to a website at least once.
If you’ve done all three, you are good to go. The lifecycle status of your @unikname will change from Minted to Live
Now it’s up to you to try